There are a number of items which you need to prepare after you have listed your commercial property for sale or lease. These may include:
1. Disclosure Document - To make sure that the people looking at buying or leasing your property to keep the information confidential and don’t tell your current tenants if there are any.
2. Information About the Property – Basic overview of your commercial property including size of property, office space size (may be different to the size of the property if there is yard space), type of power (i.e. 3 phase power for construction and machinery or single phase power), water supply, phone lines, access to internet, etc…
3. Are there current tenant and when does this expire? – This is for people who are looking at buying a commercial property as an investment, or if they are looking to move into the property themselves.
4. Prospective Income or Lease Payments and Outgoings for Property – How much can the prospective buyers make from leasing the property or how much will the lessee need to pay for to lease the property off you. Will the lessee be paying for electricity, excess electricity, water, excess water, etc… as a part of the lease agreement? This is essential for both a buyer and lease agreement so that everyone can work out the exact payments required from the start.
5. Contract of Sale or lease – Contract to transfer the ownership of your commercial property to a new owner or leasing agreement for the new leaser.
These are only a few items which need to be prepared before you sell your business or franchise and some of these items can be prepared by Business Brokers/ Real Estate Agent and Solicitors in the sales process. Leasing laws can be different in each state, but for a good overview of what you need to know about leasing a commercial property, please read the following links
The vibrant city of Brisbane has been identified as a high performing region for commercial property during the COVID-19 pandemic...Read More
Sydney has been highly popular among local and international students for its high standard of education and excellent student lif..Read More
The commercial real estate sector has been one of the strongholds of the NSW economy with its steady prices and low vacancy rates...Read More
The stunning city of Melbourne is one of the most sought-after destinations in the world. However, currently, it is reeling under ..Read More
The commercial property market of Australia is a powerhouse that has propelled the growth of myriad businesses. It has been the st..Read More
The commercial capital of Australia, Sydney has always been the most sought-after destination for entrepreneurs and investors. Hig..Read More
Coronavirus cases have been surging in Victoria, and the rising numbers have made the state premier take the drastic step of impos..Read More
The vibrant city of Brisbane has been leading the commercial real estate sector in the country. Although Sydney and Melbourne cont..Read More
Australia has been on the radar of offshore investors for a long time for commercial property investment. As the population of hig..Read More
Commercial property investment has always been the first choice of high-net-worth individuals as it comes with great rewards. The ..Read More